Talks and presentations
Here you can find the main talks I have been involved with. If you have any trouble accessing them please let me know and I will be happy to send you the slides. You can also see them in Slideshare and GitHub.
- From Code Repositories to Knowledge Graphs of Research Software Metadata. Invited panel talk at the Dublin Core 2022 conference
- Querying Wikidata: All the Knowledge in the World September 2022 DCMI ASIS&T Webinar Series
- Accelerating Research Software Understandability Through Knowledge Capture. Invited talk presented at University of St Andrews and University of Aberdeen through a SICSA research award. 2022
- Inspect4py: A Knowledge Extraction Framework for Python Code Repositories. Presented at the 2022 Mining Software Registries conference, MSR 2022.
- How should standard AI courses evolve?. Presented at the Blue Sky ideas session (Symposium on Educational Advances on AI, EAAI 2022).
- KGTK: Tools for Creating and Exploiting Large Knowledge Graphs. Presented at ISWC 2021.
- Towards Reusable Research Software. Presented at the EOSC Symposium: Infrastructure for quality research software session.
- FOOPS!: An Ontology Pitfall Scanner for the FAIR principles. Presented at the DBpedia day, Semantics Conference.
- FAIR workflows: A step closer to the Scientific Paper of the Future. Invited keynote at the Computational Autonomous Workflows Workshop 2021.
- SOMEF: A metadata extraction framework from software documentation. Presented at the council of software registries, March 2021.
- A Template-Based Approach for Annotating Long-Tail Datasets.. Presented at the 2nd Workshop on Conceptual Modeling, Ontologies and (Meta)data Management for Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR) Data (CMOMM4FAIR)
- KGTK: A Toolkit for Large Knowledge Graph Manipulation and Analysis. Presented at the 2020 International Semantic Web Conference (virtual event)
- OBA: An Ontology-Based Framework for Creating REST APIs for Knowledge Graphs. Presented at the 2020 International Semantic Web Conference (virtual event)
- Towards Knowledge Graphs of Reusable Research Software Metadata. Presented at SORSE 2020 (Series of Online Research Software Events)
- Scientific Software Registry Collaboration Workshop: From Software Metadata registries to Knowledge Graphs: OntoSoft and OKG-SOFT, presented at the Scientific Software Registry Collaboration Workshop, Maryland, US. November, 2019
- WDPlus: Leveraging Wikidata to Link and Extend Tabular Data, presented at the Third Workshop for Capturing Scientific Knowledge, SciKnow 2019 (K-CAP 2019)
- SoMEF: A Framework for Capturing Scientific Software Metadata from its Documentation (presented by Allen Mao)
- OKG-Soft: An Open Knowledge Graph with Machine Readable Scientific Software Metadata. Presented at eScience 2019, San Diego, California. US.
- Linking, Extending, Exploiting and Enhancing Tabular Data with Wikidata (K-CAP 2019 Turorial)
- Towards Human-Guided Machine Learning. Presented at IUI 2019, Marina del Rey, California.US.
- Documenting data, methods, software, provenance and context of publications: Towards the Scientific Paper of the Future. Presented at AAAI workshop on Reproducible AI. Hawaii, US. February, 2019.
- Capturing Context in Scientific Experiments: Towards Computer-Driven Science. Summary and vision talk presented at the Information Sciences Institute, April 2018. Link to video
- Semantic Web and Ontologies: a Brief Introduction, tutorial presented at the Texas Advanced Computer Center, March 2018
- Automatic Generation of Portions of Scientific Papers for Large, Multi-Institutional Collaborations Based on Semantic Metadata (SemSci 2017, ISWC2017, Vienna)
- WIDOCO: A wizard for documenting ontologies (ISWC 2017, Vienna)
- A Controlled Crowdsourcing Approach for Practical Ontology Extensions and Metadata Annotations (ISWC 2017, Vienna)
- Towards Automating Data Narratives (Intelligent User Interfaces, IUI2017, Cyprus)
- The scientific paper of the future (AAAI 2017 tutorial).
- OntoSoft: A distributed semantic registry for scientific software (eScience 2016).
- Automated Hypothesis Testing with Large Scale Scientific Workflows (Advances in Cognitive Systems, ACS 16, Evanston, Illinois, USA)
- Mining abstractions in Scientific Workflows: PhD Thesis (Facultad de Informatica, Boadilla del Monte, Madrid).
- Is preserving data enough? Towards the preservation of scientific methods (Open Research Data Day, Warsaw, Poland).
- LDP4ROs: Managing Research Objects with the Linked Data Platform (SAVE-SD, WWW2015, Florence, Italy).
- Frag Flow: Automated Fragment Detection in Scientific Workflows (eScience 2014, Guaruja, Brasil).
- Workflow Reuse in Practice: A Study of Neuroimaging Pipeline Users (eScience 2014, Guaruja, Brasil).
- Using Requirements for Geospatial Provenance (IPAW'14, Cologne).
- On Specifying and Sharing Scientific Workflow Optimization Results Using Research Objects (WORKS'13, Denver).
- Research Objects in Scientific Publications (Update talk given at the Ontology Engineering Group).
- Research Objects Tutorial (Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries, TPDL, Malta).
- PROV-O Tutorial (DC-2013, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Detecting common scientific workflow fragments using templates and execution provenance (the Knowledge Capture Conference, K-CAP 2013, Banff (despite the fact of the conference being canceled :))
- Beyond the PDF 2 demo-presentation(Beyond the PDF 2, Amsterdam).
- Augmenting PROV with plans in P-PLAN: Scientific Processes as Linked Data (LISC 2012 Workshop (ISWC 2012))
- Common Motifs in Scientific Workflows: An Empirical Analysis(e-Science 2012, Chicago).
- Workflow-Centric Research Objects: First Class Citizens in Scholarly Discourse (Sepublica 2012 Workshop)
- A new Approach for Publishing Workflows: Abstractions, Standards and Linked Data(WORKS11, Seattle, USA)
- A Provenance-Aware Linked Data Application for Trip Management and Organization (Triplification Challenge 2011, The Hague).
- Extending DCAM for Metadata Provenance (Dublin Core Conference, DC-11, The Hague).