- Distinguished researcher at the Ontology Engineering Group of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (since March, 2021).
- Computer scientist at the Information Sciences Institute of the University of Southern California (July 2018 - February 2021).
- Beatriz Galindo (March, 2021 - March, 2025).
- Co-PI NSF Award: REU Site: SURF-I: Safe, Usable, Resilient and Fair Internet. Duration: 2021-2024. NSF 19-582 Research Experiences for Undergraduates. Award no. 2051101. $405,000. Award had to be amended due to change of institution.
- Spotlight paper (runner up) for the ISWC 2020 Resource track. OBA: An Ontology-Based Framework for Creating REST APIs for Knowledge Graphs.
- Best reviewer award at the Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2020)
- Best paper award at the Sixth International Conference on Internet of Things: Systems, Management and Security (IOTSMS): Markovic, M.; Garijo, D. et al. Semantic Modelling of Plans and Execution Traces for Enhancing Transparency of IoT Systems. 2019 Sixth International Conference on Internet of Things: Systems, Management and Security (IOTSMS) Granada (Spain)
- Best Poster award at the 2018 INCF Neuroinformatics Congress, Montreal, Canada, August 9-10, 2018: McMahon A, Garijo D, Espiritu R et al. ENIGMA-ODS: a platform for global neuroscience collaborations in the ENIGMA Consortium. F1000Research 2018, 7:1205 (poster) (https://doi.org/10.7490/f1000research.1115893.1).
- Award for service to the EarthCube Community. For the collaboration in the Intelligent Systems for Geosciences Research Communication Network (IS-GEO RCN). 2018
- Our paper "Quantifying Reproducibility in Computational Biology: The Case of the Tuberculosis Drugome" got selected for the PLOS ONE 10 year anniversary Datasets collection
- Best ISWC 2017 Resource paper award: "Garijo, D. WIDOCO, a WIzard for DOCumenting Ontologies".d'Amato C. et al. (eds) The Semantic Web – ISWC 2017. ISWC 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10588. Springer, Cham.
- Premio extraordinario de tesis doctoral (Universidad Politecnica of Madrid's award, 2016)
- Finalist of the award "Mejor Tesis Ibérica en STI" for the best dissertation in Spain and Portugal, 2016.
- EDBT Summer school 2015 best mini-project award
- I Concurso de Datos Abiertos organized by Junta de Castilla y León (Special mention, 2013). Read more here.
- Triplification Challenge (Application track, 2011). Read more here.
Organization of events
- Reviewer in peer-reviewed journals: Future Generation Computer Systems, Journal of Web Semantics, Semantic Web Journal, International Journal of Web Information Systems, Software: Practice and Experience, Computers & Geosciences, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, PeerJ.
- Reviewer in Conferences (part of the Program Committee): International Joint Conference on Artifial Intelligence (IJCAI), Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligenece (AAAI), International Conference on Knowledge capture (K-CAP), Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), the Web Conference (WWW), International Conference on Semantic Systems (Semantics), Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (GCAI)
- Reviewer in Workshops: International Workshop on Managing and Querying Provenance Data at Scale (BigProv), Workshop on Semantic Web Enterprise Adoption and Best Practice (WASABI), International Workshop on Methods for Establishing Trust of (Open) Data (Method), International Workshop on Linked Science (LISC), International Provenance and Annotation Workshop (IPAW), International Workshop of Scientific Gateways (ISWG), Semantics, Analytics, Visualisation: Enhancing Scholarly Data (Save-SD), Workflows in Support of Large-Scale Science (WORKS), International Workshop on Methods for Establishing Trust of (Open) Data (METHOD), EXperience reuse: Provenance, Process-ORientation and Traces (EXPPORT).