Talks and presentations
Here you can find the main talks I have been involved with. If you have any trouble accessing them please let me know and I will be happy to send you the slides. You can also see them in Slideshare and GitHub.
- Capturing Context in Scientific Experiments: Towards Computer-Driven Science. Summary and vision talk presented at the Information Sciences Institute, April 2018. Link to video
- Semantic Web and Ontologies: a Brief Introduction, tutorial presented at the Texas Advanced Computer Center, March 2018
- Automatic Generation of Portions of Scientific Papers for Large, Multi-Institutional Collaborations Based on Semantic Metadata (SemSci 2017, ISWC2017, Vienna)
- WIDOCO: A wizard for documenting ontologies (ISWC 2017, Vienna)
- A Controlled Crowdsourcing Approach for Practical Ontology Extensions and Metadata Annotations (ISWC 2017, Vienna)
- Towards Automating Data Narratives (Intelligent User Interfaces, IUI2017, Cyprus)
- The scientific paper of the future (AAAI 2017 tutorial).
- OntoSoft: A distributed semantic registry for scientific software (eScience 2016).
- Automated Hypothesis Testing with Large Scale Scientific Workflows (Advances in Cognitive Systems, ACS 16, Evanston, Illinois, USA)
- Mining abstractions in Scientific Workflows: PhD Thesis (Facultad de Informatica, Boadilla del Monte, Madrid).
- Is preserving data enough? Towards the preservation of scientific methods (Open Research Data Day, Warsaw, Poland).
- LDP4ROs: Managing Research Objects with the Linked Data Platform (SAVE-SD, WWW2015, Florence, Italy).
- Frag Flow: Automated Fragment Detection in Scientific Workflows (eScience 2014, Guaruja, Brasil).
- Workflow Reuse in Practice: A Study of Neuroimaging Pipeline Users (eScience 2014, Guaruja, Brasil).
- Using Requirements for Geospatial Provenance (IPAW'14, Cologne).
- On Specifying and Sharing Scientific Workflow Optimization Results Using Research Objects (WORKS'13, Denver).
- Research Objects in Scientific Publications (Update talk given at the Ontology Engineering Group).
- Research Objects Tutorial (Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries, TPDL, Malta).
- PROV-O Tutorial (DC-2013, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Detecting common scientific workflow fragments using templates and execution provenance (the Knowledge Capture Conference, K-CAP 2013, Banff (despite the fact of the conference being canceled :))
- Beyond the PDF 2 demo-presentation(Beyond the PDF 2, Amsterdam).
- Augmenting PROV with plans in P-PLAN: Scientific Processes as Linked Data (LISC 2012 Workshop (ISWC 2012))
- Common Motifs in Scientific Workflows: An Empirical Analysis(e-Science 2012, Chicago).
- Workflow-Centric Research Objects: First Class Citizens in Scholarly Discourse (Sepublica 2012 Workshop)
- A new Approach for Publishing Workflows: Abstractions, Standards and Linked Data(WORKS11, Seattle, USA)
- A Provenance-Aware Linked Data Application for Trip Management and Organization (Triplification Challenge 2011, The Hague).
- Extending DCAM for Metadata Provenance (Dublin Core Conference, DC-11, The Hague).